The goal is to carve a pumpkin.
These instructions will show you how to carve a face (or a picture) on to a pumpkin.
What you need:
- Sketch of face or picture
- Sharp object (e.g. pencil or pen)
- Miniature saw
- Candle (optional)
- Draw a sketch on a page.
- Cut off the top of the pumpkin using a knife (ask an adult for help with this part). Cut it off at an angle going inwards as this will stop the lid from falling into the pumpkin.
- Remove the seeds from inside the pumpkin and put them into a container. Use a spoon to remove the insides if necessary.
- Tape the sketch on the pumpkin.
- Poke holes along the lines of the sketch using a sharp object (e.g. pen or pencil).
- Take off the sketch. Saw along the dots using the miniature saw.
- Pop out the pieces of the pumpkin.
- Put in the candle.
Did it work? Did you have fun? Is your pumpkin scary?